May you live in interesting times
May you experience much disorder and trouble in your life.
While purporting to be a blessing, this is in fact a curse. The expression is always used ironically, with the clear implication that ‘uninteresting times’, of peace and tranquility, are more life-enhancing than interesting ones.
There is one more step before the Highway Bill becomes law. President Obama must sign it. If he does:
1. One day later, CSA Percentile Scores and Alerts will be unavailable to the public (or brokers, or shippers, or insurers, or drivers)
2. A review process that timelines out to be lengthy begins.
3. CSA is still available to FMCSA, Motor carriers, and law enforcement
4. Vigillo customers will see no disruption at all. We have never depended upon publicly available data, so your service with us will be uninterrupted.
5. We’ll be announcing a new platform to allow carriers to share CSA scores on an opt-in basis with whatever business partner they choose (keep those brokers, shippers happy)
I have clipped out the 14 pages that are relevant to CSA and attached them here. The entire bill, over 1300 pages, will be available once published by Congress.